Duplicate orders can appear because of a poor internet connection ("flicker").
If your see duplicate orders, close the one you want and delete the other.
To avoid duplicate orders, please use this Best Practices suggestion:
Also, consider using Airplane Mode to eliminate this problem in locations that are problematic. Additionally, consider using your phone's hotspot to make a connection. Keep in mind that intermittent connections can also occur when using a hot spot.
An example scenario that causes duplicate orders:
- rep enters an offline order, at a customer site with no/bad connection
- rep drives off and enters a cell zone where he gets a marginal connection, so he/she tries an online save of that order
- almost immediately the connection drops and the server's response never gets back to the rep
- now the server has saved the order with a real order#, but it still has a 'NEWnnnn' number on the device
- so, the next online save of this order creates a DUPLICATE, possibly with some different lines if the rep made any more changes in between saves.